1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Erros With All Games..(Brand New Comp)

Discussion in 'Games' started by redpooL, Jul 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. redpooL

redpooL Thread Starter

Ok.....Iv been tryn to get this to work for a long time....1 guy came over and no luck...(all he did was install sum stuff and fixed up sum errors)....When i try to play counter strike...bf1942...jk2...aoe i aways get erros while im playing my games!!!

Plz Help!

Ps: System Req.

CPU: AMD Athlon 2400+ XP
    Graphics: Radeon 9500 Pro
    Mother Board: A7N8X Delux
    40 GB Hard Drive

2. brianF

brianF

It would help if you posted the error messages

3. redpooL

redpooL Thread Starter

ok...the error for cs is Counter Strike Launcher.....and for age...i mostly get blue screens r just a close to the desktop and jk2 its jk2mp.exe

4. redpooL

redpooL Thread Starter

and sumtimes all the games get blue screen.....or sumtimes it even just shuts down

5. ReNxWar

ReNxWar

make sure you have the highest drivers available for your video card, and make ABSOLUTELY sure you have DirectX 9

6. McTimson

McTimson

http://forums.techguy.org/t147219/s.html

Go through that, make sure you do everything there.

Do the games ever start, or do they close before they can even get going?

Exact error messages would help, also, what is the cooling situation in your case? How many fans do you have in it, and where are they positioned?

7. canuhelpme

canuhelpme

remember to go to dxdiag and test direct 3d for everything! might help. have you tried to uninstall your games and then install them again??

8. NYCGurl

NYCGurl

you may already know this but
    run your scan disk and disk defrag at least once a week, and disable your virus program whenever you play.
    also check your resolution (800x600, 16 or 32bit? check game instructions)
    some games will tell you to shutdown everything except systray and explorer to play (I'm very cautious on what I shut down), but check your game instructions first. I also check my temporary internet file to see if there's anything I can delete.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/147625

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice