1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Errror Memory Management

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tirk, Nov 16, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Tirk

Tirk Thread Starter

Helllo
    I get this Error Memory Management, but I cant figure out what it is, and what is causing it.
    Could anybody help me?

2. Tirk

Tirk Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 12205 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (460 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., Z68XP-UD3
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First have you done any memory tests? If not, run memtest for at least 1hr. If you get any errors, then you need to check each chip.
    https://www.memtest.org/
    This runs from bootable media ie usb or cd.
    Next I am wondering how did Enterprise get installed on this system? Enterprise is only available from the msdn site OR from a company IT dept.

BTW open the case and check what exact ram is installed. Post that here. Some ram needs a higher vdimm or ram voltage set in the bios.

4. Tirk

Tirk Thread Starter

I did run the memory diagnoses with windows 10, and i tested each ram seperatly and no errors came, then i downloaded memtest on a usb, but i dont know how to run it, because I dont have the UEFI firmware option, and i dont know how to go into bios aswell, dont think my pc supports it, and my ram needs 1,65 voltage

5. Tirk

Tirk Thread Starter

And Im not sure how the windows got installed, it is such a long time ago, and i got it with windows 7 when i bought the pc, and then i upgraded to windows 10

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, fixing a problem does entail actually accessing the bios, etc. If you are unable to do the above, then you are going to have to take the system to a shop.

What exact error are you receiving ie bsod, freezing, rebooting, what?

7. Tirk

Tirk Thread Starter

My problem is when I turn my PC on then I get the blue screen,l sayying the memory management error. It just happened all of a sudden when I was writing some projects. So When I start it just goes to the blue screen and restart and same stuff happens, but I can open Windows safe mode which is what im in atm

8. Tirk

Tirk Thread Starter

Is there a way to check if my pc support bios?

9. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, you need to run the tests outlined above. See if your memory passes the memtest. You do not need any uefi option; the usb that is made by downloading the .exe file runs on everything from win9x on [and win9x was made LONG before any uefi]

10. Tirk

Tirk Thread Starter

I dont know how to boot my pc, from the usb

11. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Gigabyte boards should be F12 to access the quick boot menu however read your motherboard manual.

Do not get upset however from reading your posts, IMO the best thing you could do would be to take the system to a shop and have it fixed. Do understand that your hardware is now 8yr and it may not be cost effective to fix.

12. Tirk

Tirk Thread Starter

You recon I just should let this PC rest? It time maybe has come

13. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

That is up to you however it is almost never cost effective to repair 8yr old hardware. It would be very difficult or impossible to find a new parts for something like that; you would have to go used via ebay or amazon. In addition, most shop labor rates are $75~80 per hr so as I said, it is expensive to fix and you end up with an 8yr old system.

Just as a test, you can try booting the system with a linux live usb. If everything works fine under linux, then your hardware is probably ok. If you have problems running the linux live usb, then you know the hardware is failing. Either linux MINT or ubuntu would work for this task; again you must know how to boot the system from the live usb.

14. Tirk

Tirk Thread Starter

Oh well, thank you for your time dude

15. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    It didn't come with Windows 7 Enterprise!

Source: https://www.pcworld.com/article/160287/windows7.html

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235758

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice