1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Esc unnresponsive

Discussion in 'Games' started by 7Eleven, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 7Eleven

7Eleven Thread Starter

Whenever I am in a game, about 90% of the time the esc key won't work. I will press it and nothing will happen, this also goes the same for most function buttons (f1, f2, f3 etc.). You can imagine this is very frustrating, as it makes it a lot harder to perform tasks, most of the time impossible. I have read different sources online that say it has to do with different programs open but I've tried closing my different applications and still to no avail. I'd also prefer a permanent solution rather than having to do that every time.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-5015U CPU @ 2.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 61 Stepping 4
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8107 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 231 GB (138 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Acer, ZORO_BH
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Not all programs are designed to even pay attention to the [Esc] key.

And other programs will be designed to do different things when you press it.

In other words, it is up to the program's programmer(s) on exactly what pressing the [Esc] key might or night not do in their program(s).

3. 7Eleven

7Eleven Thread Starter

The programs I am trying to get the esc key to work with do use the esc key. I know this because sometimes it does work and it will bring me to a pause menu.

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Then that would be a different problem.

Does the same problem occur when using a different keyboard?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1206657

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice