1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Escalated Problem

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by COMBRK123, Nov 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COMBRK123

COMBRK123 Thread Starter

Hello! About a month ago, I discovered an old HP laptop of mien that was running Windows 8. Within the first week, I deleted all my old stuff and began replacing it with newer stuff. (games, apps, etc.) I opened up a game and played it briefly, but in the middle of playing, I shut it off to attend a matter that was going on elsewhere. When I returned to the laptop, I turned it on. Then the first problem began: The laptop was stuck in an Automatic Repair Loop where the loading screen for Preparing Automatic Repair pops up, then the screen goes completely blank. I spent the next 2 days reading forums, watching videos, and trying to fix it, but to no success. I tried a Factory Reset, but it wouldn't open. I tried resetting the Power, but it wouldn't work. After trying a dozen things, I became frustrated. So (first mistake) I just began pressing random buttons and clicking on things. Eventually I pressed F2. Then a screen appeared. I looked it up and one guy said it could potentially help my problem by messing with the BIOS. (Second Mistake) I ended up clicking on "BIOS Roll back" (or something) and the computer began loading. (Third Mistake) Event though it said, "DO NOT SHUT OFF WHILE LOADING," I shut it off anyway. The next time I turned the laptop on, the screen was completely black and nothing popped up at all. I finally decided I should stop messing with it any further, so I came here. How can I get my laptop to work properly again? I don't care if I need to delete all my personal information to fix this, for I can easily download these things again. Please help me. Thank you.

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

:eek: NOT good. The BIOS (Basic Input/Output System), is like the brains of the motherboard. By shutting it off in the middle of a BIOS update, the BIOS brains are now nothing but a scrambled mess and there is no way back ... because the BIOS is no longer smart enough to do anything ... at all. It's dead. You need a new one. And since most are soldered in, you'll need to replace the entire motherboard. :(

3. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218968

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice