1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Eset uninstallation

Discussion in 'General Security' started by ErrorProxy, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ErrorProxy

ErrorProxy Thread Starter

2. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

You uninstall a program first, then restart your computer, then delete its leftover folders - if they're still there.

Never ever delete a program's folders first before uninstalling it. The uninstall will fail and will likely throw up an error message.

------------------------------------------------------------------

3. ErrorProxy

Oh, but I realized this AFTER I tuneup shredded the program files and data... then I was like... oh shoot. Then I just said what the hell and ran the uninstaller. No errors everything seems fine... but... is it?

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

So you're asking how you should proceed after you're already done? Too late now. No, you should never delete all the files and folders for a program first before trying to uninstall it. It obviously won't work because none of the uninstall information is there.

5. ErrorProxy

But it did work..

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/923647