1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Esoniq/Creative Sound help, Please!!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by spaceman_333, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spaceman_333

spaceman_333 Thread Starter

Hello,

I disabled the on-board audio on a PCchips mobo because it was not working and causing some other problems. Afterwards, everthing went back to normal except that there was no sound, naturally. I had an Esoniq 1370 - PCI 3000 sound card that came out of a Gateway 2000 computer so I installed it using drivers that I downloaded from drivers.com. Now there is sound...but it comes with a problem!!

The sound works with Windows sounds, plays audio cd's, plays downloaded music (MP3's). But, it keeps wanting to install more options---just before Windows98se opens on the desktop I keep getting this message box:

"The Creative SoundBlaster PCI64 driver cannot load MIDI waveset. MIDI waveset has been disabled."

Then I have to click "OK" for Windows to open. (This is as bad as the Logon password box!!) How do I get rid of this??

Once inside Windows, a tool icon for the mixer has been placed in the Task bar (beside the clock) --at startup--and will not go away. I uncheck it in misconfig/startup and it just keeps coming back. I even deleted it from Windows/System. How do I get rid of this ??

In Device Manager: There are yellow exclamation marks at---
    Creative Gameport Joystick. Under Properties this is showing, "This device cannot find any free I/O range resources to use (Code 12). "

Also at Sound Blaster PCI64 Legacy Device. "This device cannot find any free DMA resources to use (Code 12)."

And, now when Windows opens, the Task Bar will not stay hidden. It is being unchecked in Taskbar Settings by Windows.

I think this is it for now. All help and advice will be greatly appreciated!!

Spaceman

2. coolhand420

coolhand420

well is it an ensoniq card or a creative labs soundblaster card sound like you installed drivers from an ensoniq card when you have sound blaster card or do you have both in if so they maybe conflicting remove the on you dont want

3. spaceman_333

Hi coolhand,

I know it sounds goofy, but they are one and the same!!

I figured everything else out.....just cannot get rid of the message box at the end of boot up.

Maddening!!:rolleyes:

Spaceman

4. coolhand420

coolhand420

oops i didnt see the ensoniq @ creative labs .com guess ther is one. in the control panel under multimedia is this card the default instrument for the midi sound scheme if not make it

5. spaceman_333

OK, coolhand--

Got it. After doing a bunch of research, I found the right waveset for this thing on a website in New Zealand. Plugged it in and "VOILA!" The Legacy device for Midi is working and the message box is gone.

Thanks for your response.

Spaceman

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112527

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice