1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Etherant II Wireless Dsl

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by SIR****TMG, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Thread Starter

ok i just got this new system...all wireless to ant about 1/2 mile away...ant. was $400.00 and installed it all myself...took about 1 hr to do all the pc work involved....and put up 14inch by 1 inch thick ant. so far its really fast i cant believe it ...its the newest one out right now... wireless is the future of internet service....

2. Katink

Katink

Could you tell some more about this system ? You say it is new; but is it new only to you, or is the system itself new ?

How does communication happen; from ant. to ant. , or from ant. to modem of some kind ?

What is the reach of this system ? Is it the same as WiFi or something else ? What is the speed (upload/download) ? If it works by radiowave, is the signal personalized (through a narrow beam pinpointed to your computer only) or a not-pinpoint-beam in an (indiscriminate for recievers) circle all around ? And what is the wave-range it's using ? Around 2.4 by chance ?

What is the signal-quality like ?

I am asking all this because a system that sounds rather like what you describe is starting to find it's way into Europe; they are advertising with it just near me too. But I would like to know what I am up to before making any decisions on this issue.

I hope you read this and answer; I see it was posted some time ago.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166207

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice