1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ethernet and PCI Simple Communications Controllers Unknown...Drivers Problem...

Discussion in 'Networking' started by dinamit04, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dinamit04

dinamit04 Thread Starter

Hello, I recently reinstalled windows XP from windows Vista and My PC has a driver problem. Under Device Manager, the ethernet controller and the PCI Simple Communications Controller are unknown and need drivers installed for them to work. Since they are not working, i dont have access to the internet on my pc, so right now, i am using my laptop to access the internet and seek help for this problem.

I do not know from where to get the correct drivers in order to make my ethernet network card or my modem to work. My PC is custom made, so it is not a ready made computer from a brand like dell or hp and my motherboard is an Intel D865PERL.

Is there anyone that is willing and can help me with my problem? Thanks in advance :)

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

3. dinamit04

dinamit04 Thread Starter

Ok, I checked the page you gave me, i found a network driver there, but that didnt work, it wasnt the one i needed. But however, i still managed to solve the Ethernet Controller Issue. I found the driver for my ethernet card. I found this program called everest, and told me info about my ethernet card. It was a Realtek RTL8169/8110 Gigabit Family Ethernet NIC, and googled the driver for it. But i still didnt solve the PCI Simple Communications Issue, even though i found out from everest that my Modem is a US Robotics V.92 Fax Host Internal Modem, i cant find a driver that works for it. I downloaded a few drivers that seem to work, but the installation does not run when i double click the file. So right now, i am looking for a driver for my modem. By the way, now that my ethernet card is working on my pc, i have access to the internet on both computers, but i still need the modem to work because I sometimes still use dial-up. So can someone help me look for my US Robotics V.92 Fax Host Modem driver? :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/690472

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice