Ethernet and WiFi connection for different programs???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

elitetechsvc

Aaron
Is there a way to use my ethernet connection for my HDHomerun and Plex, and then my WiFi for everything else? I have the issue of my HDhomerun not being recognized when I have my VPN on...so I can't have my TV and download stuff at the same time.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Do they both have CAT5/6 ports"
If so maybe, it may also slow down more for the TV

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
No.

Any proxy service is going to run their VPN client to tunnel all network traffic through the VPN tunnel to their VPN concentrator. If HDHomerun is not working when you have the VPN tunnel up, that means most likely, HDHomerun is blocking traffic originating from the proxy service you're using.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online