Ethernet cable problem with Compaq Presario

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KayoKun

I have a Compaq Presario that lacks a Ethernet cable link. It only has phone line links, but no Ethernet cable link. The network connection I use requires my Adapter to be able to connect with an Ethernet cable, but my desktop for the Presario doesn't have one.

Question: Is there any kind of cable that has the Ethernet on one side, and a Phone Line cable at the other side that I am able to purchase? Or is there any kind of link cable of some sort that could help my ethernet cable connect to this computer that does not have an Ethernet cable link? Thank you if helped.>.<

If you have a USB port, you can buy a USB to ethernet adapter for about 10 dollars.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You can also buy a PCI NIC for about the same price, and I strongly recommend you do that instead of using the inferior USB networking solution.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts