1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ethernet cable problem with Compaq Presario

Discussion in 'Networking' started by KayoKun, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KayoKun

KayoKun Thread Starter

I have a Compaq Presario that lacks a Ethernet cable link. It only has phone line links, but no Ethernet cable link. The network connection I use requires my Adapter to be able to connect with an Ethernet cable, but my desktop for the Presario doesn't have one.

Question: Is there any kind of cable that has the Ethernet on one side, and a Phone Line cable at the other side that I am able to purchase? Or is there any kind of link cable of some sort that could help my ethernet cable connect to this computer that does not have an Ethernet cable link? Thank you if helped.>.<

2. diablo75

diablo75

If you have a USB port, you can buy a USB to ethernet adapter for about 10 dollars.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You can also buy a PCI NIC for about the same price, and I strongly recommend you do that instead of using the inferior USB networking solution.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649065

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice