Ethernet Cable problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JackleCube

When I connect my BT Homehub to my laptop via my ethernet cable, the connection works fine, however when I use the same ethernet cable to connect the homehub to my desktop PC, it won't work, my connectivity doctor (some toshiba product) says that the LAN is disconected, even though it isn't. When I go on device management and check my network devices, it says my ethernet port (Via Rhine II) is working fine and has the latest driver installed. So therefore, does anyone know why I can't connect through the LAN? I need the LAN to work, because my desktop doesn't have a wireless card. Any advice would be fantastic, thanks.

Ent

Josiah
Retired Trusted Advisor
You will get a lot more help if you give us some system specifications. For example what is the make of the computers? what opperating systems are they running?

JackleCube

It's a packard bell computer, however it's running Toshiba software because it was reformated with a Toshiba disc. I'm running windows Vista, if there's anything more you need to know then please ask, I'm not completely sure what I need to tell you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online