1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ethernet connection not working

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Samuel2000, Sep 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samuel2000

Samuel2000 Thread Starter

So i just built my first computer and it worked great for a an hour or so then the Ethernet just stopped working. Now i can’t get it to work on my computer again, the cable works on my laptop and the router workes too.

I believe its a problem with the drivers but i can install new ones because i have no internet. Please help!

Error message: “the intel(r) Ethernet connection (2) 1219-V adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems”

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

You mentioned your laptop has Internet connectivity, so why not download drivers from there? If you have a spare flash drive, download the TSG System Information Utility to it, run it on the defective computer, save the output on the flash drive, and then post it back to this thread. It'll give us more of an idea what we're working with here, since you haven't given any information yet regarding the OS and hardware.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I suppose it is possible that a driver problem caused this issue however I doubt it. If the lan was working and now does not, something may have failed or a windows update was done and that may have caused the issue.
    Since you built the system, you have the support dvd/cd that comes in the motherboard box. All of the drivers you need are on that disk.

It would really help if you posted ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact pw supply, etc, etc.

BTW that is an intel lan and windows has native drivers for your lan [at least if you are using win10]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1215264

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice