1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Ethernet Connection Problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Chrononemic, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Chrononemic

Chrononemic Thread Starter

Hi there, I have a problem with my ethernet cable and probably my PC and I've tried most online solutions so this is sort of a last resort.

I'll try to describe it to the best of my ability:
    I want to play the Master Chief Collection that has just come out, since then I have been browsing the internet and playing games without any sort of problems except the occasional packet loss. Upon looking at my network + internet section in the settings I get these types of messages from my PC.
    upload_2019-12-5_15-17-10.png
    upload_2019-12-5_15-17-36.png
    Basically I have internet and can browse but my PC says otherwise, which disables any microsoft enabled app like Cortana and their Game Store, which says I have a connection problem. My PC stats are this if it helps:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9 OS Version:
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18362, Installed 20191005153850.000000+000
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3,
    CPU Count: 8
    Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Hard Drives: C: 784 GB (477 GB Free); E: 2343 GB (1513 GB Free); F: 450 GB (450 GB Free); G: 146 GB (145 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z270-Gaming K3, ver x.x, s/n
    Default string System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n
    Default string Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Attached Files:

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
  3. Chrononemic

Chrononemic Thread Starter

Sorry, forgot to list this as completed.
    I managed to fix the problem by reinstalling windows fresh, as I believe the problem was a user file that was corrupted.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236696

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice