Ethernet controller driver PLEASE HELP.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

eid4

I recenrtly reset my laptop to factory settings, and now I cannot use my ethernet port as its not recognized this is what I see in the Device Manager

http://i.imgur.com/qJNfHHn.png

Can anyone help me out I need the ethernet.

managed

Allan
At the same window in your screen shot click the Details tab, select Hardware Ids in the Property drop down list and post that screen shot please. With that info we can find the correct driver for your Ethernet.

I think your best bet is to update your drivers. After sifting through a couple solutions, it's either that or replace your current "presumably broken" port with a PCI card. There's a couple suggestions on this website which could be helpful to you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/ethernet-port-not-recognizing-ethernet-cable-570536.html

You could also try to plug in a new Ethernet cable. As suggested in this link, you could try to boot from a flash drive with a Linux install and see if your port works from there. If it does, then your software is the problem. If it doesn't, it's your hardware.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2835564/when-your-ethernet-wont-connect.html

EDIT: Apparently Linux is finicky about its choice of cooperating with hardware, so that 2nd test shouldn't be taken with too much serious, but I guess it's worth the try

managed

Allan
Please post which Windows version you're running, Xp,7,8, 8.1 or 10 and which bit version, 32 or 64 bit.

dustyjay

Jay
It would also be helpful if we had an exact Make and Model Number of the laptop (example Dell Inspiron 15 3521). Substitute your laptop numbers.

eid4

MODEL IS.

MS-16GC.
its made by Cyberpowerpc.com I think its MSI.

eid4

I did exactly that, and it just said windows was unable to install your ethernet controller even when I chose the right folder extracted from 7 zip.

managed

Allan
Ok, I can't find any drivers for an MS-16GC. Is there any other identification info. underneath the laptop ?

eid4

it has to be MSI as the laptop brand thing. I dont know what information to look for also killer suite is downloading

managed

Allan
Ok leave the ID thing alone for now and see if the killer suite does the trick.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online