Ethernet Controller help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rds707

My old desktop has been running slow for along time so i thought i would completely wipe it and reinstall windows xp on it. It made the computer alot faster but i can't connect to the internet. Im not very good with computers but when I go to the device manager it says that both the Ethernet Controller and the Multimedia Audio Controller are missing, they have yellow question marks beside them. Does anyone know how I could get my internet working? If it helps I have a 1394 Net Adapter Im not sure if that helps at all.

and welcome to the Forum

You just need to load the Motherboard drivers. What Brand and Model is this PC? . . if a custom build, Brand and model of Motherboard

Nothing wrong with Dells . . actually they are one of the best when it comes to support

You can go to the Dell support site, enter your Service Tag Number and download the drivers. Be sure to use IE and do not use the Dell Download Manager!

Just download the driver file, save it to the desktop and double click to install

On the list of drivers, click on the driver file:

Then the download button here:

See this for the order they should be installed:
http://support.dell.com/support/top...0C0937D62A8739E0401E0A55174744&doclang=en&cs=

Rds707

Do you know how I could get that to my computer from my laptop? Because of that I have no internet on my desktop or is that even the problem for the no internet?

Copy the drivers to a flash drive or burn them to a CD . . install on the other one

Rds707

Before i saw you say don't use their download manager i did and now it wont let me download it do you know how to just download it using ur browser again?

Rds707

I installed exactly what you told me to and it did nothing when i go to my device manager it still shows the ethernet controller as a yellow question mark.

Rds707

Is there more than one driver i need to download I thought there was just the chipset? Im not very good with computers..

YOu need the Chipset first . . then the network adaptor drivers, then the sound

Rds707

k i installed the chipset now what is the network adaptor driver called and the sound driver called?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online