1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ethernet Controller is in Yellow Mark (Help)

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by meiisamonte, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meiisamonte

meiisamonte Thread Starter

Please help me to figure this problem out.
    I was like doing this for 2days and still i couldn't find the right driver for my laptop.
    I tried everything which is written on the internet but of course it did not succeed.
    I reformatted and downgrade my Laptop since i wanted to use XP. From windows 7 to windows xp, so i don't have the drivers for windows xp.

On my Specs it says that i have Ethernet (RJ-45) port

MY PROBLEM IS:
    How could i be able to connect on the internet through router where there is a yellow mark on the ethernet. and my laptop can't recognize the cable too.

help me. im freakin out!

MYlaptop is GATEWAY NV54

2. thomasjk

thomasjk

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If your Gateway NV54 laptop came with Windows 7 pre-installed and you've downgraded it to Windows XP, it's possible that Windows XP drivers aren't available for all of its devices.

You never want to downgrade to an older Windows version or upgrade to a newer Windows version without first confirming that drivers are available for all of the computer's devices.

Use a working computer to browse through the download list and select the drivers that support Windows XP, then download and save them, then burn them off to a CD-R or copy them to a USB thumb drive. Once that's done, you that media to install them in your laptop. The chipset driver should be installed first.

----------------------------------------------------------------

In the meantime, go into the Device Manager and click the + in

Display Adapters

Network Adapters

Other Devices

Sound Video And Game Controllers

Advise what's listed in each heading - exactly as you see it there.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972077

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice