ethernet controller probs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Feelsogreat

i have an ethernet card im trying to use because i cant find the driver to the onboard ethernet, i've tried everything but when i use the card my keyboard or mouse wont work

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Why don't you tell us the make/model of the system and/or motherboard, maybe we can help you find the proper driver for the on-board NIC?

Feelsogreat

its a compaq presario 6025RSH 6000 series and i cant tell what kind of motherboard it is

Feelsogreat

ive tried several drivers for the onboard ethernet but for some reason its not finding it, it keeps wanting to go to the internet to find it

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Did you install the nVidia chipset support drivers for your O/S?

Feelsogreat

guess not cause see it came with home edition and got a virus and so i loaded pro and everything works except the ethernet

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
After reloading the chipset drivers, still no NIC drivers?

Of course, you could simply use the restore and put the version of Windows that came with the laptop back on, since they conveniently include all the proper drivers. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online