Ethernet Controller

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Coupy

Just installed windows 98 and in device manager I have a question mark by PCI ethernet controller what do I have to do?

thnx for help in advance

Coupy

Coupy

Well if it were only that simple. First off most times a pc doesn't recognize a nic it has a communication device with a question mark wich indeed my device manager shows. Secondly it shows the pci ethernet controller with a question mark and I have not seen this error nor can I install the driver for the nic this is why is I am confused never seen this device manager question mark.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Coupy

Coupy

Yes when it recogonized the nic I had floppy in 3 1/2 and had it directed to the floppy it said no driver could be found and only gave me option to finish or go back and search again

thnx for your replies

Coupy

Coupy

Thnx for the replies I just removed the nic from device manager and rebooted and still get same error when trying to install the driver.

Again thnx for the help in advance

Coupy

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You need to find the correct drivers for the NIC and install them. I doubt much success will be realized until you deal with the missing drivers. :rolleyes:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online