ethernet controller

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

skankmonkey

I just got my computer reformatted and when i try to connect my dsl connection with ethernet, it says there's no ethernet installed. I went into device manager and there was a yellow question mark with a little exclamation point on by "ethernet controller",i checked its properties and it said "the drivers for this device are not installed." when i try to reinstall the drivers it says i need a cd or floppy disk with the hardware. Can anyone PLEASE help me? where can i find this driver?!!

if you can get a product id number off of hardware you can google the driver for it (make sure its for your OS)

skankmonkey

where would i find the product ID number, i'm a beginner at computers so i'm a little confused.

what are your system specs I might be able to help ? is it onboard lan or a seperate card? If its on board lan your chipset drivers should include drivers.

skankmonkey

i'm still confused...sorry. i'm just trying to get the driver to install the ethernet so i can install a wrieless router for my laptop.

Your ethernet card is it onboard or did it plug into your mother board?

Also if you can take it out it is not onboard, and look at the serial (like) numbers on the piece of harware the ethernet card itself, if you find like a (Example) Gh7492E type number google that for the driver

wacor

Banned
when you reformatted did you have separate applications and driver discs? Or was there one disc that should have installed everything?

Go into the control panel and click on adminstrative tools and then click on computer management. on the left you will see device manager. Click on that and see if there is something yellow and let us know

skankmonkey

there's the yellow question marks, thats the only yellow i see, i didn't reformat, somone else did it.

wacor

Banned
are you using a different computer or do you also have a dial up ISP available for the computer you are having the problem with ?

skankmonkey

the computer i'm using right now is the one with the problem, my connection(which is DSL) is connected with USB.

wacor

Banned
do you have the install discs or not? if you do then are there more than one?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online