Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Krusher99

So I have been having this problem for a while now. I'm going to give you guys a step-by-step process that I did in order to be as understandable as possible. Earlier today I was doing some school work on my computer. As I was working I was disconnected from the Internet. My computer usually randomly disconnects sometimes, but most of the time I would fix this by using the troubleshooting option in the Settings menu. I did this and I reconnected. However, I was still getting the connection error message. So I decided to open up the command prompt and renew/release the IP. However, whenever I entered ipconfig /release I was disconnected. This happens every time I execute ipconfig /release. I then troubleshooted and was reconnected with connection errors still popping up. I then decided to troubleshoot while repeatedly typed ipconfig /release into the command prompt. The troubleshooter finished and said that Ethernet doesnt have a valid IP configuration. Please help I'm not sure what to do now!

dmccoy

Darrin
Are you typing ipconfig /renew and hitting enter after executing the ipconfig /release command?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online