1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ethernet Driver Problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by carsten, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. carsten

carsten Thread Starter

Hi,

I upgraded from 98SE to XP Home but now my network card is not working anymore (yellow light). So I downloaded the DriverGuide Toolkit, result: no drivers installed for Ethernet Controller [3Com/Albatron 3C910], Multimedia Audio Controller & Video Controller. I did a search for the correct Ethernet driver and downloaded 3C910 {3CSOHO100B-TX compatible, 100% positive feedback}, which fixed the audio as I could not play any music before.

I am a bit puzzled why the network card is still not working and what to download next, maybe a Bios update would do the trick?

Thanks for your help!
    C

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Is this a brand name computer? Have you tried going to their website and looking for the correct driver? Are you sure it is a 3com nic? Open up the computer and check.

3. carsten

carsten Thread Starter

It's not a brand name PC, at start-up GeForce 4MX440 with AGP8X appears.
    Re 3C: I opened the case and it says G-Tech P35-1B1-1FA9 on the Ethernet - but can't locate any driver for that either.

4. Squashman

That is your video card
    I am assuming that the ethernet card is not builtin to the motherboard. Is it in a pci slot or on the motherboard. If it is on the motherboard, then figure out the make and model of the motherboard and go to the manufacturers website to download the correct driver.

5. carsten

carsten Thread Starter

6. Squashman

Is the Network card integrated or in a pci slot?
    The make and models should be printed on all your components inside unless this is a very old computer. It has been a long time since I haven't seen a make or model number printed on a component.

7. carsten

carsten Thread Starter

Integrated, it sits on the motherboard (Albatron PX845 PEV PRO 800) - so I should get the correct driver from Albatron then?

8. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

9. Squashman

Post #4

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/465909