ethernet driver

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

whitemice

Can you please help me.
I had my computer with windows xp home edition system cleaned.
Since then it does not detect my ethernet connection.

I have checked my system file and in device manager it has a yellow question mark against it.

Have been to windows update but this has not corrected the error.

Can you help.

dustyjay

Jay
You would need to give us some information. Make/Model system or Motherboard Manufacturer and Model, Processor, Ram, Video, HDD,s. Also whether this is an onboard NIC or a PCI NIC card (make and model if so) THe drivers for the onboard nic are usually on the motherboard drivers disc. Or can usuallybe downloaded from the manufacturers website.

whitemice

Thanks for your reply.

Do not know much about the computer jargon.

my computer is an advent 3217, with a pentium 4, does this mean anything

whitemice

dustyjay said:
You would need to give us some information. Make/Model system or Motherboard Manufacturer and Model, Processor, Ram, Video, HDD,s. Also whether this is an onboard NIC or a PCI NIC card (make and model if so) THe drivers for the onboard nic are usually on the motherboard drivers disc. Or can usuallybe downloaded from the manufacturers website.
Thanks for trying to help me, dont know much about computers all i know is that it is an Advent 3217 with pentium 4.

Does help

whitemice

whitemice said:
Thanks for trying to help me, dont know much about computers all i know is that it is an Advent 3217 with pentium 4.

Does help
Have gone to web site but could not find anything to help and update everydate.

what is the thing with the yellow question mark next to it?

if you didn't reinstall drivers for your ethernet device
on your computer then you may need to do so. or the
cleaning process might have damaged them.

if ethernet on motherboard then the drivers are
on a cd that came with the motherboard.

if ethernet on a card then cd that came with that.

if no cds then go to whoever's website for the
motherboard or card.

Here is the information on your PC

http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/advent/pc/3217.htm

Per that site, here is the information on your motherboard

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=455

Here are the drivers for that motherboard

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_detail.php?UID=455&kind=1

The 1st driver listed, i.e. INTEL 10/100 Ethernet Drivers should be the driver you need.

Download the driver for your operating system, install it and the ethernet should work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online