Ethernet internet running slow

cjbrunosjet

Ive been all of a sudden having an issue with my wired internet connection. Ive tired fixing this issue in multiple fashions. I have gigabyte internet and the wifi works fine on my pc but when i plug it in, the speed test shows it to be throttled or just slow for some reason. Down to 0.02mb/s slow. I have changed ports, changed cables, checked connections, uninstalled and reinstalled LAN drivers, nothing works. The internet is fine because my roommate who is also wired has no issues. Please help

TerryNet

Terry
Sounds like you've narrowed the possibilities to about 99% the ethernet adapter. Try a USB ethernet adapter (or, if a desktop, a PCI or PCIe if there is a spare slot).

Although you have a valid point Katherine, the roomate is not having connection issues at all. I think Terrry's suggestion will probably solve the problem.

I compared speed tests between what Katherine recommended and Speedtest by Ookla. The results were very close. Then, I realized PTCL also uses Ookla!!!🙄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online