Ethernet not working only on desktop

Chintu333444

Hi! I am facing this issue for the past two days and haven't found a solution yet, I have tried every possible solution I found on the internet nothing works. So my windows got corrupted and upon reinstalling it I got yellow triangle with exclamation mark icon on my Ethernet. I wasn't able to connect to the internet. I tried a lot of solutions nothing worked, I was told by someone to update my windows to version 2014. I did so and now it's a globe sign with a cancel symbol on it. No internet connectivity still.

I have tried ipconfig and netsh commands in command prompt. I have tried reinstalling all the drivers to the newest version, I have tried changing IP4 settings as well. The same cable and router work fine with my laptop, it's only my desktop that has this problem. Both wireless and wired connection work fine on other devices.

Please help me, I am starting to get frustrated.

Attachments

TerryNet

Terry
What (brand and version) is your ethernet adapter?

From where did you get the latest driver for it? Did you first install the latest chipset (motherboard) drivers?

Chintu333444

Idk, I am using an ADSL modem and a non branded ethernet cable. Everything worked fine before the windows got corrupted and it still works fine on my laptop.

I got the network drivers from realtek website, downloaded them on my phone and then on my pc. And yes I also have the latest motherboard drivers, I ran a scanner and updated every single driver.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Assuming that is a factory-brand PC and not a self-built PC:
What is its brand name and model name and model number and serial number?

There is no Windows version "2014".
If your PC is running Windows 10, the current version is 2004.

If you are not sure which Windows 10 version your PC has, type winver in the search box, then press the Enter key.
The version will be listed in the small window that appears.

------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Chintu333444

It is a self built pc. The motherboard is gigabyte H81m
And yes my bad I meant windows 10 version 2004.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If it is a Gigabyte motherboard, there are several H81M models, so we need to know the exact model number of yours.

That will confirm the exact integrated ethernet device it has.

-------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

TerryNet

Terry
I got the network drivers from realtek website
Did you first try the one (assuming there is one) from Gigabyte's web site? Sometimes a motherboard manufacturer has to tweak an ethernet or wireless driver to work with the system.

Chintu333444

Hi, sorry my bad it is an Asus H81M-K the bios brand is American Megatrends Inc and the version is 3602.

Chintu333444

Did you first try the one (assuming there is one) from Gigabyte's web site? Sometimes a motherboard manufacturer has to tweak an ethernet or wireless driver to work with the system.
I haven't, I will check if there is one there.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
ASUS H81M-K Motherboard (support site)

It has an integrated Realtek RTL8111G gigabit ethernet device.

The listed driver (10.1.505.2015) for it is a very outdated version.

The current driver (10.42.526.2020) for it is listed HERE.

TerryNet is one of the networking experts here, so I'll leave you with him.

Chintu333444

I already have this version, but I'll reinstall from the link you provided. Thanks for your help.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Please re-read post #10 and make sure you understand everything I wrote there.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
A clean install of Windows 10 is pretty good about installing the current drivers for a Realtek ethernet device and a Realtek wireless device, so I'm not surprised yours has the current driver for its Realtek ethernet device.

I know nothing about ADSL, so TerryNet or another networking expert will need to address that.

Have you tried using a different ethernet cable to make sure that's not the problem?

Chintu333444

I have not used another cable but I have used the same cable on my laptop and it works fine there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online