1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ethernet on Gateway MFATXPNT YKT 500X

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by StupidGeek00, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. StupidGeek00

StupidGeek00 Thread Starter

I restored my Gateway MFATXPNT YKT 500X with Windows XP, to replace my HP Pavillon that is way slower than the gateway and has Audio Problems, I am trying to use this computer only for iTunes because they have the hard drive space, and I can use my Lenovo Thinkpad T60 for everything else. I can't get the internet on the Gateway computer to work. I can't find any drivers on Gateway's website by looking from my other computer, I can't search Microsoft Update because the internet doesn't work, and I can't use any programs like Driver Detective because of the internet issue, any thoughts? Could I take a driver for another computer of of Gateway's website? Thanks for your help.

2. Beafle

Beafle

you could do but i think your best bet is to try and find out what the motherboard is and so what the ethernet controller is. If you know the model of that then you should be able to search for a driver for that instead of searching for a driver for the computer.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1033244