Ethernet ping gone bad all of a sudden

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

illicitkris

So two days ago my internet was perfect and I was running at a consistent 30 ping across all games, today my ping across all games ranges from 140-170. I've been using power line adapters for a while now and they worked perfectly fine before. I have done some things in the registry editor, I've tried closing out background applications. I just reset my pc, the issue remains. I'm not sure what to do next.

Pc Specs:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20200807193704.000000-240
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 113 Stepping 0, CPU Count: 16
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Hard Drives: C: 222 GB (193 GB Free); D: 931 GB (892 GB Free);
Motherboard: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd B450 TOMAHAWK MAX (MS-7C02), ver 1.0, s/n K116932600
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n To be filled by O.E.M.
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

What new software have you added in the last 2 days. Maybe they are always running and using the network.

First thing:
ensure any of your Ethernet cables (powerline/router) etc aren’t tangled around any electrical cables (power leads etc)

second thing:
Connect directly to router via Ethernet (without power line), run Speedtest. Ping issue solved? That means problem with power line adapters

third thing:
If problem is with powerline. Switch of all the adapters. Switch off router. Unplug all power line. Turn on router. Wait 15 min. Plug in one power line, then the second and retest, should fix your issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online