1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ethernet Problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sea_sprite, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sea_sprite

sea_sprite Thread Starter

Hi I am having a similar problem not being able to find my ethernet driver.

More info:

I am running Windows XP Pro on an Acer Aspire 3680 laptop on which i installed a new hard drive and had to reinstall windows.

I have downloaded Everest and tried going to the manufacturers website looking for drivers but nothing has worked so far. So I tried going to Intel's website as it is a celeron processor and getting the updated chipset drivers.

That didn't work either.

I also tried uninstalling all the drivers and rebooting to see if Windows would find them.

The Wireless card that is installed is Atheros AR5007EG, so I tried installing drivers for that and device manager says it is working fine, just no ethernet driver was i able to find.

Also under the Networking tab on Device Manager there is one other driver missing and it is for:
    Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
    sea_sprite

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

3. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

4. sea_sprite

Hello,

Thank you both for your quick replies.

The LAN Driver did work for the ethernet controller, which is much appreciated, at least I can have a hard wired connection for now if need be.

The Modem driver listed there though did not work for the other driver that I seem to need.

Once again in the device manager,under other devices, it is called:
    Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus

Any other ideas as to where I might find a driver for that?

Thank you,
    sea_sprite

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

So you're on dial-up?

6. sea_sprite

Hi Double Helix,

No i am not on dial up I have a DSL connection but that particular laptop has a wireless card which is used most often.

It is the wireless card that doesn't seem to be working, although it says it is via Device Manager.

And there is still one driver missing which i think might be the problem.

Thanks,
    sea_sprite

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

The wireless network adapter is not a modem. A dial-up modem is used for dial-up connections. There are wireless network adapter drivers on Acer's website. If the only device with a problem is the modem, it has nothing to do with a wireless network connection.

To troubleshoot a problem connecting to a wireless network, you have to provide more information about that connection and the problem.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915922

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice