Ethernet setting

mendozajennicama

Hi. I want to connect my laptop to an ethernet. My laptop doesn't have a built in ethernet port so I bought an ethernet adapter but still not working. I watched a lot of video on how to enable the ethernet and it says I need to enable it but I cant find the ethernet setting in my laptop.

Hello. try to right click on your wifi/globe icon on the bottom right of screen and click on "open network and internet settings". then on the left click on the "ethernet" tab then on the right side click on "change adapter options" this will open a new window showing your connections. find and enable the one you need. Hope this helps

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Hi. I want to connect my laptop to an ethernet. My laptop doesn't have a built in ethernet port so I bought an ethernet adapter but still not working. I watched a lot of video on how to enable the ethernet and it says I need to enable it but I cant find the ethernet setting in my laptop.
What's the exact description of that USB ethernet adapter?
If you have a webpage link to it, that's even better.

Go into the Device Manager and then expand the "Network Adapters" heading.
What's the exact name of the ethernet device listed there?

--------------------------------------------------

mendozajennicama

What's the exact description of that USB ethernet adapter?
If you have a webpage link to it, that's even better.

Go into the Device Manager and then expand the "Network Adapters" heading.
What's the exact name of the ethernet device listed there?

Hi! Please see the attached file showing the network adapters I have in my laptop.

Attachments

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Capture.JPG

If that USB ethernet adapter is plugged in your laptop, it's not being detected and displayed in the Device Manager.
Only the wireless device (Intel Wireless-AC 9461) in that laptop is being detected and displayed.

You still have not provided a description of or a webpage link for that USB ethernet adapter.
Have you installed the software driver package for it?

TerryNet

Terry
Is the USB ethernet adapter detected (in Device Manager) at all? Perhaps with a warning or error flag? Do you know that the USB port if working?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Is the USB ethernet adapter detected (in Device Manager) at all? Perhaps with a warning or error flag? Do you know that the USB port if working?
According to the image in post #6, his USB ethernet adapter doesn't appear to be detected at all.
Unless it's defective or the laptop's USB port is defective, I'm guessing he needs to install driver software for it.

When I purchased a Realtek RTL8153 USB ethernet adapter for my laptop, it wasn't detected until I installed the driver software for it.
It was then detected and worked fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts