Solved Ethernet suddenly stopped working

Faded323

Need some explanation and information. The PC is able to communicate with other devices on your LAN but does not have internet access?

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.
(In Windows 10 you may have to use some other procedure to get a Command Prompt window.)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

[Press ENTER after the command.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.
Terry please help me lol.. should I just reset

A Windows Reset will require you to re-install all programs, which can be tedious.

If you go to Settings > Network > Status > Network Reset is less drastic, I would try that.

Faded323

A Windows Reset will require you to re-install all programs, which can be tedious.

If you go to Settings > Network > Status > Network Reset is less drastic, I would try that.
I actually found a solution. I saw a video on YouTube where this guy set up his own IPv4 instead of the automatic DHCP also put this other DNS server and it worked! Well for now anyway, I haven’t rebooted my pc cuz I’m afraid if I do it’ll happen again. Thank you for trying to help out man :)

TerryNet

Terry
There are several things you could try. Setting a static IP configuration is one of them; since it's working for you just go with it for now.

Probably either you don't have the latest correct ethernet driver or the ethernet may be starting to fail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online