Ethernet too slow to connect

damker

Danny
Hi there pals!
I've got a machine with Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit.
On startup I see that my ethernet takes about a minute to connect to the router. It used to connect fairly quickly, only a few seconds.
Do you think this is normal?
Anticipated thanks.
D.

Is there a way to connect directly, i.e., without using the router? Also, do you have another desktop or laptop to connect to the same router to see if the same thing happens?

Reset didn't help. Besides, Outlook does not open while connecting to router.
Now do a factory reset on it. There's a tiny hole on the back of unit....inside the hole is a factory reset button. Take a paper clip and straighten out one end, insert into hole and push and hold factory reset button until unit turns off.

This will reset unit to factory default settings, so any changes made to the router settings via 192.168.x.x will have to be reset. That is if you ever made any changes.

plodr

Liz
Using computer watch
I'm not sure what you mean by computer watch. Is this a hardware device or a program?

Last edited by a moderator:

damker

Danny
Hi there pals!!!
Never mind. The culprit has been the antivirus Total AV. Upon uninstallation the connection was immediate. So, there are two options for me, either accept the delay or install another antivirus which does not affect the ethernet in this way.
Thanks for being so kind to spend time on my problem.
Always yours.
D.

damker

Danny

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online