Solved Ethernet unplugged when trying to use wifi

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

newbie2018

My Wifi Connection keeps dropping, I'm using a usb adaptor on a gaming desk top and the internet comes on and then randomly disconnects again? When I open the Network sharing center it shows my usb adaptor and ethernet unplugged realtek gaming family controller? I don't want a wired connection I want to use the wifi? Any ideas?

When it disconnects from the internet in the corner it still shows the wifi as being connected? but the page loads saying hmm we can't reach this page . I have windows 10 and it's a brand new built pc.

Please help!

Thanks

hello, try to update the drivers on the wifi adapter or try another brand if you can

First Name
Jim
If you aren't using the ethernet adapter, simply disable it in the BIOS.

newbie2018

hello, try to update the drivers on the wifi adapter or try another brand if you can
It says the driver is up to date and ive ordered another wifi adaptor to come tommorow a different brand, Thanks!

First Name
Jim
Typically not, but if it's disabled then it wouldn't be possible.

newbie2018

Typically not, but if it's disabled then it wouldn't be possible.
I've spoken to the makers of my computer and they are blaming virgin media saying it must be the wifi connection? Although my phone and everything else connects fine?

Couriant

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
James
What is the brand of the wireless adapter?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts