1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ethernet Woes! going insane!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ApolloIV, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ApolloIV

ApolloIV Thread Starter

G'day people!

here's the story....i've today purchased a newish computer off of a friend and have come across several issues all of them solved appart from one... My technical skills can on go so far as i'm user savy but far from Technically sound. So in saying that here is the issue...

I got the computer yesterday and it was running XP Pro with SP3. After going through and making sure everything was saved that was needed I decided to roll out XP pro and install Windows 7 Ultimate only to find that windows 7 does not have my ethernet controller driver. I then started my hunt, I pulled the case off and checked what Ethernet/USB device it had, Currently it's got an on board Ethernet/USB port which i am unable to find a driver for ... the logo on the Ethernet Port looks to be "G-Tech" and has the numbers "P35-152-1129" on it...to no avail am I able to find the driver or one compatible for windows 7.

any help would be GREATLY appreciated as at this moment I am using a Pentium 3 - 733mhz with 256mb of RAM and it likes to choke on every website i visit. So if someone would be able to guide me to a link providing me with compatible drivers or shed some light on what on earthernet is going on!!!! lol

Thanks for your time and I look forward to a reply.

Apoillo

2. ApolloIV

ApolloIV Thread Starter

I also ran Driver Robot which did not find my Ethernet drivers as the computer doesn't even know what it is.

3. srhoades

srhoades

Just buy a $10 ethernet card and save yourself the headache.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972740

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice