1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ethernet works but wireless does not

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Nutters91, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nutters91

Nutters91 Thread Starter

Hello I have been having a problem with my ethernet work but wireless not. It basically says acquiring IP address then says limited connectivity. Im using a Dell Vostro 1520 laptop and a dlink router. Thanks for your help.

2. turnbulldst

turnbulldst

Check.
    You have no conflicting wireless managers installed try using only the Windows built in tool
    Remove any unneeded wireless networks from your system.
    Remove and re add your network back in, ensure all settings are configured correctly. Connect firstly with the cable and note down everything exactly. i.e. SSID, Security type, encryption type, security key.
    If it still dosent work look into updating or rolling back the drivers for your wireless card.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1047064