Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethernet works fine on laptop but not on desktop.

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  TerryNet 
#1 ·
Hi
I had posted earlier also in this forum and d prblm got solved as it was a driver issue. Now again i have got a similar prblm but is not a driver issue. I have a P7H55 Asus Motherboard with the ethernet port and cable working fine individually. However, when i connect them together, the ethernet light on the router remains stable as if connected but still the desktop shows not connected. This time i have installed the drivers which came from the motherboard manufacturer and are the latest. In the Network and Sharing Center, the icon is enabled. It does not show cross sign. Please help me out.

#9 ·
Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

#10 ·
Either my computer is playing with me or otherwise, Last time when the same problem occurred, it was a driver issue. I had not installed the original manufacturer's drivers. Therefore this time when i formatted my pc, i installed the original drivers. But this time those drivers were creating some problem. So I again formatted the pc and used the Microsoft drivers which Win 7 automatically takes. And now my internet is working absolutely fine. Can anyone tell me why this had happened...??

#11 ·
Post # 1:

This time i have installed the drivers which came from the motherboard manufacturer and are the latest.
Post # 10:

Therefore this time when i formatted my pc, i installed the original drivers.
Can't say what happened, but the Windows 7 drivers are probably better than the original and could be identical to the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.