1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

EtronXHCI error / Audio Related?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Denzy, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denzy

Denzy Thread Starter

Jul 16, 2011
    I just purchased a new headset (razer megalodon), however when I try to connect it to any of my 3.0 USB ports a blue screen of death appears with the following error:

Address: FFFFF880104AA51E
    Base: FFFFF880104A600
    Stamp: 4d433943

This error occurs when I go into Control Panel and switch the audio from my 2.1 channel desk speakers to my headset. However, when I plug the headset into the normal 2.0 USB port located at the front of my antec case it works normally without any errors.

I even updated the firmware from 2.10 to 2.12 and also updated the Etron driver (Etron USB 3.0 driver ver:0.96_WHQL) from the AsRock website.

I can play all audio via the 2.0 front port, but none of the ports at the back of the case work properly. Even though my razer mouse, keyboard, etc all connected from the back on the ports.

Any ideas?
  2. Oddba11

Oddba11 Jim

May 12, 2011
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is typically a driver issue.

In this instance, the drivers for that chipset/ports are most likely the cause. While the ports themselves are backwards compatible, the drivers for the USB 3 chipsets need some work yet. Some models also have two sets of drivers. I know on my MB, all of the ports worked fine as USB2, but in order for the USB 3 ports to function as USB 3, a different driver installation was required.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065149