1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Eudora - Different User IDs in SMTP/POP servers - having problems

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by amaul, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaul

amaul Thread Starter

I'm having problems sending email from my local client Eudora program, but receiving email there is fine. Under settings I should have:

SMTP server - mail.1smartisp.net User ID: PPRR2
    POP3 server - pop.mail.yahoo.com User ID: FFWW3

however the Tools/Options settings will only allow me to enter one User ID for both servers.

My ISP is 1smartisp.net, which will not allow me to use Yahoo's SMTP server. "Allow Authentication" is checked, and my Eudora version is 6 and OS is Windows 98SE.

The error message I get is:
    Can't send. The server gives this reason: '550 not local host (domain) is not a gateway'.

The problem here I think is due to Eudora not allowing more than one User IDs. I tried Outlook Express, and was able to get the program to recognize both user ID's. But I don't want to use Outlook Express. Can anyone help me???

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Create your identites under Tools - Personalities.
    Right click in the Persona frame and select New.

Create away, its stored in addition to the dominant details under Tools - Options.

3. amaul

amaul Thread Starter

Ok. I made my mail.1smartisp.net account my "dominant" personality in SMTP & POP3 (so that I don't have to change the personality each time I send out a email) and my pop.mail.yahoo.com POP3 account a secondary personality (although it actually is my desired "primary" address to send - via From/Reply To - and receive messages). When I "Check Mail" in Eudora, it automatically checks all the personalities (dominant and secondaries) anyway. Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!