1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Eudora

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Nester, Feb 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nester

Nester Thread Starter

I am about to download the email program Eudora but first thought I would get some other points of view, I haven't really used MS outlook that much but I have heard it's not very secure for Viruses and Trojans ect, what is Eudora like on this? and Does Eudora offer more configuration options. In essence is it better to use than MS outlook?

Thank you for the advice

Nester

2. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Eudora is nice, but not as good as Outlook Express.

If you have multiple POP3 e-mail accounts or a POP3 account and a hotmail account, you surely will find Eudora lacking somewhat.

Also, if there are more than one person using the same computer, you will be more comfortable with OE. For example, I and my wife both use the same computer at home. She has 2 e-mail accounts and I have 5. We have separate identities that helps us keep our mails separate. Also, all my mails from all accounts are in one place. If I want I can keep mails from different accounts in different folders and that will be done qutomatically with rules. And its pretty simple.

There are many many advanages that OE has over the other mail softwares. I can't list them all here. But its the best free mail client (software) available today.

As regards security threats, you can keep an updated copy of an AntiVirus like Norton AntiVirus or a free one like AVG (http://www.grisoft.com) and be assured. I am using Outlook Express since last 4 years. Touch-wood, I have had no problems so far :D

3. Nester

Nester Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply, I normally use web mail but I think I shall give OE a shot and see how it goes,

Thanks for your advice

Nester

4. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Try out http://www.softhome.net. Its both a web-mail as well as POP3. With Outlook integration in Hotmail, I think using a hotmail account has also become quite convenient. If you have a dial up connection, you will find how convenient it is to read and write mails while not connected.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116524

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice