1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Eve Online Lockups

Discussion in 'Games' started by Tanis, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tanis

Tanis Thread Starter

First Name:
    Shane
    Hi,

I am hoping someone can give me some thoughts on possible causes for my problem.

My system:

Asus P5N-E SLi Motherboard
    Core2Duo E4600
    4Gb (4x 1Gb) OCZ RAM (cant remember exact type as im at work at the moment)
    XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog (factory overclocked) with aftermarket cooler
    WinXP Pro SP3 (fully up to date)

The problem I have only seems to occur when I am running Eve Online, mostly if I am running 2 clients but has occasionally happened with just 1 running. I get a total system lockup with looped sound and the only resolution is a hard reset. There is no information in the event log to indicate a fault.

When it happens appears to be random, all my temperatures are fine (highest is GPU at 52 degrees under load). I dont have this problem in any other game!

I am suspecting something memory / RAM related. The RAM is the newest component having upgraded from 2Gb to 4Gb about 1 month ago. With the apparent randomness of the problem it can make diagnosis a little difficult, it sometimes runs for days without a problem.

Any thoughts are appreciated, If you want any more info then let me know.

Cheers all

2. lufven

lufven

I'm having the exact same problem as you, with Eve freezing up my computer at random.

The wierd thing that happens is that the sound get somewhat "stuck" and the screen is fully functional although my my mouse and keyboard stops working completly (I can see that because i have lights on them both).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!