Event ID 41 (moved from Windows 10 forum)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

minimustangs

...and error 6008

I was in the middle of an online gaming session; my system just shut off. Hard stop. No warning.
It rebooted itself and all was fine, in that I could hop into my session and resume. Obviously I lost a great deal of advantage, but operationally everything worked as it should.

I have been in another room and was sure I heard certain sounds that only occur when my system starts up ( my Logitech wheel doing self test for example). It doesn't happen often. But it has happened. And nothing seems amiss.

I am just starting to dig into this to figure our what might be happening, and this was step #2... posting here.

Ill upload sysdump tmo . and will be in a position to answer questions in hope to resolve this quickly.

PC is my own build, Win10 . Ryzen 3800x. Nvidia 1060 6gb OC, 32GB corsair Ram. Asus ROG Crosshair VIII motherboard.. WD NVMe 500Gb SSD.

minimustangs

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20200301010307.000000-240
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 113 Stepping 0, CPU Count: 16
Total Physical RAM: 32 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Hard Drives: C: 464 GB (395 GB Free); D: 111 GB (68 GB Free); F: 465 GB (154 GB Free); R: 8 GB (8 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO, ver Rev 1.xx, s/n 190449104300416
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n System Serial Number
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

minimustangs

It's the only time I've been sitting at it and it did it, but, as I mentioned I have been in the other room, head my wheel re-calibrate, and then saw i was back at login screen. So, it has happened before.

I've disabled my ROG Ramdrive just to make sure that wasn't causing any issues...

minimustangs

I had another Event 41, hard reboot yesterday.

Ram drive and ram cache both disabled. I dont have any data on this, but it seems to occur..at least the last two times its occurred , has been after the PC has been powered up for a long period of time... over 12 hours. I get no thermal warning, in fact for an AMD this thing runs surprisingly cool.

I suppose I could reboot the machine , but that isn't really a solution.

crjdriver

You have not included the MOST important part; the exact pw supply you are running. Next go to the support page for your board and download and install dual intelligent processor. This is a monitoring program that will monitor temps and voltages. Post the following; cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. Do this twice; once under a normal load and again while running a stress test. Let the stress test run for at least two min to stabilize temps and voltages. For the stress test, I like prime95 however you can use OCCT or realbench.
Link to support page;
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VII-HERO/overview/

minimustangs

You have not included the MOST important part; the exact pw supply you are running. Next go to the support page for your board and download and install dual intelligent processor. This is a monitoring program that will monitor temps and voltages. Post the following; cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. Do this twice; once under a normal load and again while running a stress test. Let the stress test run for at least two min to stabilize temps and voltages. For the stress test, I like prime95 however you can use OCCT or realbench.
Link to support page;
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VII-HERO/overview/

The PSU is an Ultra X4 750watt ATX modular
Dual intelligent Processor is installed, that is where I get the temp values from.

I'll get Prime95 run a stress test and see what happens

minimustangs

Well...

Don't know what I'm supposed to do with Prime 95 ,but as soon as I run whatever it is that pops up when you open the program, machine crashes.

crjdriver

for an AMD this thing runs surprisingly cool.
I do not know why you think amd runs warm. Here is a screenshot of my overclocked 2700X. As you can see it is running at <28C. Not bad for a processor overclocked to 4.4gig.

Attachments

crjdriver

It is crashing for a reason; either temps or voltages. If you cannot run a stress test without crashing, then you have a hardware problem.

crjdriver

If you have PBO enabled, I would disable that in the bios. On my personal system, I enabled PBO and did some testing; vcore spiked to 1.65V. The only way I overclock is to set all parameters manually in the bios ie multi, ram speed, ram voltage, cpu voltage, etc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online