1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Event Viewer error involving iPod service

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by gianmarco, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gianmarco

gianmarco Thread Starter

Hi all, new to the forum.

I have noticed in my event viewer that I'm getting the following error message associated with iPod Service:

Event Type: Information
    Event Source: iPod Service
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 0
    Date: 5/19/2007
    Time: 5:17:58 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: DESKTOP
    Description:
    The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( iPod Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.

Have not been able to find any information on this. Any help would be appreciated.

2. pllobell

pllobell

Since the event type is "Information" it's really nothing to worry about, unless your iPod doesn't work when you try to sync it.

3. alvaruna

alvaruna

MMC shows me the same information, but I have problems with the sync, when I conect the iPod it tells me that Windows is unabble to reckonize the device.

I've reinstalled iTunes, and everything .What can I do??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/575217

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice