1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Event Viewer: How many errors and warnings are too many?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by starfishtwo, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. starfishtwo

starfishtwo Thread Starter

While messing around trying to solve my problem in the post immediately below, I went into my Event Viewer and discovered 256 errors and warnings. I've had this computer 5 days. Is that an usually high number for 5 days of usage? Some of the errors are dated 3 months before I got the computer. Does this mean there were errors in the initial installations?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

It depends a great deal on what the "errors" are. Some errors are pretty much meaningless. Other errors about services not starting and so on may be temporary with a later entry showing that the service did, in fact, start. If you are not having obvious problems with your machine, and you do not know what the entries in the log mean, save yourself the anxiety and don't read them, or find someone to read them that knows what they mean. :D

3. starfishtwo

starfishtwo Thread Starter

Yes, thanks, I'm starting to wish I hadn't looked there! I only looked to see if there was anything that might explain the ctrl key problem I referenced in the post right next to this one.

4. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

I dont like the windows 7 event viewer
    very complicated imo

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!