Event Viewer shows "Anonymous" logons...??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sasquatch

I'm running Win XP Home - SP1. I just learned about the Event Viewer (Control Panel/Admin Tools) and the Security section shows a number of Anonymous Logons. It also shows Guest Logons, etc, along with "Failed Audits", indicating wrong passwords. Every other "Failed Audit" shows "MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0", with the following one showing my name.

I do have a home network with a wireless router. Only the laptop wireless card and PC network card MAC addresses are cleared for access. My closest neighbor is over 800 feet away so I'm confident that I'm not being accessed locally.

Any idea what this is all about?

Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online