Event Viewer - Warnings & Errors 13,311 of them!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

canyouseeemenow

Lisa
The guts of my thread disappeared.. ugg..

I'm having issues with my laptop-- tons of things going on in the event viewer-- it's affecting me when I'm streaming video, video chat etc.. it's stuttering & sputtering as if something on the inside is taking up my resources and slowing me down to a stop. I have no idea what's causing it, but I'd like it to stop.
Lots of the tasks listed in the event viewer have Error & Warning icons associated with the line items. I have no idea how to fix this.. any and all help is appreciated!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 820 @ 1.73GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 6075 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 286951 MB, Free - 190388 MB; Q: Total - 15999 MB, Free - 6064 MB;
Motherboard: LENOVO, 439123U
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

davehc

David
Retired Trusted Advisor
First thing is to clear the existing log.

Right click the Start orb and select the Command Prompt (Admin)

Run this (copy and paste)
for /F "tokens=*" %1 in ('wevtutil.exe el') DO wevtutil.exe cl "%1"

It will take a few seconds.

Then reboot and see what "bad" events are listed. You can paste a few over to these forums, perhaps

Attachments

davehc

David
Retired Trusted Advisor
Sorry for the delay - sleping time here!

Can you post the details of the items under errors?

davehc

David
Retired Trusted Advisor
1. The first error is a puzzler. It relates to earlier Oss, windows xp in particular.
But, try thi. Back to the Admin control Prompt. Type netsh winsock reset.

2. The next two errors are referring to a program which you have running, which is not compatible or is interfering in some way. Example. What anti virus programs do you have installed? If any other than the built in Defender, disable it for this test.

3. The remainder are all similar. I understand this was a inherited fault which was fixed in a later update. (Are you up to date?)
But try this.
Right click the task bar and open the task Manager.
click the services tab.
Scroll down and Right click on OneSyncSvc and select Stop

Open the Command prompt Admin (again) and type
sc config "OneSyncSvc" start= disabled

Now clear the event viewer again, with the first command I gave you. Restart and see what errors are now persistent

canyouseeemenow

Lisa
i was able to the the first instruction-- but I am unable to stop the onesyncsvc- only option when i right click on it is start services or search online. However there is a similar task below it "OneSyncSvc_41178" that can be stopped.

davehc

David
Retired Trusted Advisor
Ok. Do that and then do the second part.

I have to say, with humility, that if this doesn't do the trick, then, hopefully, someone with more insight might step in??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online