1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Event Viewer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by BornCynic, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BornCynic

BornCynic Thread Starter

Hi Guys - looking for advice from the experts ...

Running Windows XP SP3 and using the Event Viewer, I've got two areas of possible concern:

In Security, I regularly record Failure Audit for Event 615, and am advised to run IPSec monitor snap-in. I've no idea what this means and I don't have any programme of that name to run.

In System, I also regularly record Service Control Manager for Event 7000, and am advised that the StarOpen service can't find the necessary file. I don't appear to have such a service.

Do I need to concern myself with either of these regularly occurring features?

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor

Event viewer will list information and sometimes errors under System, Applications and Security.
    And while that information is helpful, if you are not having problems in running your Pc - there is no reason to be concerned about them.

3. BornCynic

BornCynic Thread Starter

Thank you for the quick reply - no, I'm having no problem with the computer - it was just curiosity. Darwinian survival has given me a need to worry over quite inconsequential matters; if there were no events reported then I would worry whether the event viewer was working.

4. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor

Darwin has a lot to answer for ;) - or so I'm told.
    Event viewer seems to be doing its job.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!