1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Event Viewer

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Samuel3, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Samuel3

Samuel3 Thread Starter

Hello, ive heard that lots of errors and warnings in the event viewer can slow down your system.

Is this true if it is how do i get rid of the errors and warnings? even if its not true can you please tell me how to get rid of the errors/warnings my friend told me that you can just click clear? or do you have to fix them randomly?

Heres the picture of the errors:
    [​IMG]

Heres the picture of the Warnings:
    [​IMG]

Cheers,
    Samuel3.

2. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

The existence of entries in Event Viewer don't slow a computer down. The actual errors might.

4. Samuel3

Samuel3 Thread Starter

Im running on Vista, is there a guide on how to delete the warnings\errors on Vista?

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You don't delete them. You either resolve the underlying problem or ignore them. Try clicking the link in the details of the error / warning or do a web search for more info on it.

6. Samuel3

Samuel3 Thread Starter

I have to do that for about 1700 warnings and plus another 1700 for errors! That can take some time?? How did i get them all?? Ive only reinstalled my Vista about 40 days ago!

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

If you look at the entries, you'll see the same ones repeating. You don't search for the same error 1700 times.

How did they get there? Obviously there are problems with your system. Event Viewer is just that. A view of events that occurred on the computer. I think you're completely misunderstanding what you're looking at.

8. Samuel3

Samuel3 Thread Starter

So if you had lots of errors\warnings would you try to fix them or just leave them?

9. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I'd research them. I'd also evaluate my entire system. If I were experiencing problems or the research indicated that I should be concerned, I'd work to resolve the problems.

10. Samuel3

Samuel3 Thread Starter

How do i look up the problem? Do i look up on microsoft site or google? What do i type in?

11. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Some errors/warnings have links in the details that point to more information. Otherwise, yes, you search the web, Microsoft, etc.

It looks like most of the errors/warnings are network related. Are you running a web server?

12. Samuel3

Samuel3 Thread Starter

I am not sure.. how do i find out lol?

13. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

If you don't know whether or not you're running a web server, I can't help you. It's going to be next to impossible to troubleshoot your computer problems in this type of format if you have difficulty answering the most basic questions. This is one of those threads that could drag on for weeks.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/779617

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice