1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

event viewer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by chicoboss, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chicoboss

chicoboss Thread Starter

is there a way to see all events that have been taken on my pc. Sometimes i leave my pc on and i forget to log off. and i think there is someone getting in and spying. i want to see what did they open and stuff like that.

thanks in advance.

2. PK-her0

PK-her0

look for third part app that does this...

3. chicoboss

chicoboss Thread Starter

well thank you.. i though maybe there was a xp appliaction or maybe a dos command where you can see these :p hahahah thnx niw

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Have you checked the Event Viewer? They should all be there. Use the "filter" function to remove the types you don't want so the list will be much shorter.

PS. There hasn't been any DOS in Windows since Windows ME, or almost 10 years. I think you meant "command line" or "console command".

5. chicoboss

chicoboss Thread Starter

yes true true..that's what i ment.. lol what a noob! thnx for the help

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

There are a large number of alternative readers for the Event Viewer if you want to try some other formats to make it easier to read. But if you get good using the built-in filters, the real viewer is pretty easy, too.

Orion has an entire EventGnosis line of products that will centralize events from all the machines on a network. It has a free reader that works well for standalone machines.

Do a search for "event readers" and you'll find a lot of reading and monitoring software, most for pay.

This is a free alternative:

My Event Viewer

7. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

set a screensaver
    i have mine to come on after 5 mins
    keep the kids off it

right click properties and screen saver tab

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/817314

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice