eventid 7000

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

surajemo

hi
my pc is restarting whenver i am trying to watch a movie within 5 min pc turns off or restart
and it gives an error
Event id 7000
The SeaPort service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

OR
SOME TIME WHEN I TURN ON THE PC BLUE SCREEN COME WITH AN ERROR MSG 0 * 500000
contact the manufacturer

can anyone please give me solution on that

First I would take your time to read the information in this link. At the bottom of the page is a further link to tell you how to uninstall the Seaport service if you feel it is of no benefit to you. http://www.brighthub.com/computing/windows-platform/articles/25607.aspx That should remove one problem if you choose to uninstall it but possibly not the cause.

To take a closer look at what is going on please follow this guide to send in your crash dumps from the BSOD you have been having.

First locate your minidump files, they are usually found by clicking on your C: drive, in Windows Explorer, then click on Windows to view the contents. If your operating system is installed under a different drive letter then look there. They should be stored under a file called minidump.The files will have a .dmp extension.
Zip up at least 6 of the most recent files into one zip folder and save on your desktop (if there are less then just zip up what you have).
NOTE To zip up a file in Windows (all versions). Right-click the file or folder, click on Send To, and then click Compressed (zipped) Folder and save it to your desktop.
Open Windows Explorer, click on Desktop in the left column so you can see the zip file. In the left column click on C: > Windows > Minidump and then drag & drop any additional .dmp files into the zip folder.

• Below the Message Box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button, Manage Attachments. Click on that and a new window opens.
• Click on the Browse button, find the zip folder you made earlier and doubleclick on it.
• Now click on the Upload button. When done, click on the Close this window button at the bottom of the page.
• Enter your message-text in the message box, then click on Submit Message/Reply.

surajemo

sir i cant kill the process" seaport " from taskmanger it is not showing over there
then i went to start .> then "run" > over therE i wrote "msconfig" without the quote IT SHOWED SYSTEM CONFIGURATION over there wERE few menu under the SERVICES THERE WAS SEAPORT AND IT SHOWED STATUS AS "STOPPED " SHOULD I uncheck it IT
before that my PC suddenly got shut down twice with error
event id 7000
The SeaPort service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified.

As instructed in my last post if you want to uninstall the Seaport service you need to follow the instructions from the link at the bottom of the page in the link I gave you. This is where you need to go: http://www.brighthub.com/computing/windows-platform/articles/25609.aspx

I've had a quick look at the crash dumps and as they are all different this often suggests a memory fault, although it could be due to other causes. Run the memory test as detailed below.

Preliminary checks
You should first check the model of RAM stick that you have on the manufacturers site for the recommended voltage setting and then make sure it is set correctly in the PC's Bios. An incorrect voltage setting may be the reason for your problems so test the PC's performance again if the voltage was incorrect.
Errors can also be caused by dirty contacts, mismatched sticks or using them in the wrong slots. Check all sticks are the same make and specification, check the motherboard manual for the correct slots to use. Remove all the sticks and clean the contacts with a soft pencil eraser and blow out the slots with a can of compressed air.
Testing
Download Memtest86+ from here
When the download is complete right click the file and select Extract Here and burn the image to a CD.
In windows 7 right click the extracted file, select Open With, then select Windows Disc Image Burning Tool then follow the prompts. For all other versions of windows (if you do not have an ISO burner) download this free software. isoimageburner
Boot the PC into the Bios setup and set the CD/DVD drive to 1st in the boot sequence. Insert the disk in the drive then reboot and the disc will load into dos. Leave the test to run through at least 8 cycles or until it is showing some errors. If errors show in the test, remove all but one of your RAM sticks and repeat the test on each stick until you find the one that is faulty. This is a long slow test and should ideally be run overnight.
The memtest will not be 100% accurate but should easily detect any major faults.
IMPORTANT
Always disconnect your PC from the mains supply when removing Ram sticks and earth your hands to discharge any static electricity to avoid damage to sensitive components. If performing this test on a laptop PC you should also remove the battery before removing or replacing the RAM sticks.

surajemo

thanks for replying and for providing your valuable thoughts and trying to help me out
i am little scared to remove the ram once i did that with my friends and rubbed with the rubber and somehow i fixed it
after that some burning smell came in my previous computer
my father shouted at me a lot is there any other method to solve this problem i don't no how remove ram

surajemo

i got the solution for that the problem was the power supply from where the currents comes in the computer the the fan

That last post of your is not easy to understand. Have you resolved the problem?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online