1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

eventid 7000

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by surajemo, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. surajemo

surajemo Thread Starter

hi
    my pc is restarting whenver i am trying to watch a movie within 5 min pc turns off or restart
    and it gives an error
    Event id 7000
    The SeaPort service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the path specified.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

OR
    SOME TIME WHEN I TURN ON THE PC BLUE SCREEN COME WITH AN ERROR MSG 0 * 500000
    contact the manufacturer

can anyone please give me solution on that

2. Mark1956

Mark1956

First I would take your time to read the information in this link. At the bottom of the page is a further link to tell you how to uninstall the Seaport service if you feel it is of no benefit to you. http://www.brighthub.com/computing/windows-platform/articles/25607.aspx That should remove one problem if you choose to uninstall it but possibly not the cause.

To take a closer look at what is going on please follow this guide to send in your crash dumps from the BSOD you have been having.

3. surajemo

surajemo Thread Starter

i hope this is the attachemnt

Attached Files:

4. surajemo

surajemo Thread Starter

sir i cant kill the process" seaport " from taskmanger it is not showing over there
    then i went to start .> then "run" > over therE i wrote "msconfig" without the quote IT SHOWED SYSTEM CONFIGURATION over there wERE few menu under the SERVICES THERE WAS SEAPORT AND IT SHOWED STATUS AS "STOPPED " SHOULD I uncheck it IT
    before that my PC suddenly got shut down twice with error
    event id 7000
    The SeaPort service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the path specified.

5. Mark1956

Mark1956

As instructed in my last post if you want to uninstall the Seaport service you need to follow the instructions from the link at the bottom of the page in the link I gave you. This is where you need to go: http://www.brighthub.com/computing/windows-platform/articles/25609.aspx

I've had a quick look at the crash dumps and as they are all different this often suggests a memory fault, although it could be due to other causes. Run the memory test as detailed below.

6. surajemo

surajemo Thread Starter

thanks for replying and for providing your valuable thoughts and trying to help me out
    i am little scared to remove the ram once i did that with my friends and rubbed with the rubber and somehow i fixed it
    after that some burning smell came in my previous computer
    my father shouted at me a lot is there any other method to solve this problem i don't no how remove ram

7. Mark1956

Mark1956

Ok, just run the test for now and see what the result is.

8. surajemo

surajemo Thread Starter

i got the solution for that the problem was the power supply from where the currents comes in the computer the the fan

9. Mark1956

Mark1956

That last post of your is not easy to understand. Have you resolved the problem?

10. surajemo

surajemo Thread Starter

the problem was in the power supply unit (PSU)
    the problem got resloved :)

11. Mark1956

Mark1956

Ok, thanks. Good to hear you got it sorted.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024378

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice