Ever taken the PI Assessment (a personality test)?

aineo

Recently I interviewed with a company that uses a personality test called the Predictive Index Assessment, or PI for short. It This test asked how you felt others viewed you concerning around 90 traits ((i.e. competitive, fashionable, cheerful, etc...) and then how you felt you really were. While I was interviewing, they went over the results of this test and I was amazed at the information they were able to glean from the around 90 traits it asked about on this test. It was incredibly accurate! This makes me wonder, has anyone else ever taken this test, and if so, were you as shocked as I was with the accuracy of the results?

sort of... but i wonder how many people didn't get the job because schema interfered with their personality (indexical) information. if they're just asking questions face to face from their sheet of paper, their could be some mis-communication problems especially if the people at the interview are from different cultural backgrounds.

I took something similar when I applied for a job over a year ago. I didn't get the job, so it musta told them the truth. "He's nuts!" :D

First Name
Ashley
It was 3 years ago In october... Ill have to look around at home, i know i kept the papers for some odd reason :)

Lol cheated on the personality test :)

aineo

cammi: if they're just asking questions face to face from their sheet of paper, their could be some mis-communication problems especially if the people at the interview are from different cultural backgrounds.
This particular company did not ask the questions face to face. They emailed the PI Assessment to me about a week and a half before they called for the interview. According to the first person I interviewed with, they will not even call you if your personality does not match what they are looking for.

As I said, I was impressed with the results, and they must have been somewhat impressed as well (or desperate). I got a job offer from them this afternoon. :)

aineo

I have now taken the personality disorder test:

Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Low
Schizoid: Low
Schizotypal: Low
Antisocial: Low
Borderline: Low
Histrionic: Moderate
Narcissistic: Low
Avoidant: Low
Dependent: Low
Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online