1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

everest discontinued?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by dawson77, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dawson77

dawson77 Thread Starter

does anyone know of a free software program like everest since they have discontinued home edition. Any ideas much appreciated

2. valis

valis Moderator

belarc advisor is pretty similar. try googling for that.

3. colmaca

colmaca

4. kath100

kath100

5. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

Hi dawson77,

While the formerly Free edition of Everest is now Shareware from Lavalys.com, the Last Freeware edition of Everest v 2.20 can be found at:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181

-- Tom

6. John Burns

John Burns

This sounds like a stupid question - but, how do you print out the report in this program? I seem to be having difficulty figuring it out. Also, I can't seem to get the whole page on my monitor screen when I view it. Appreciate any help - thanks.

7. John Burns

John Burns

Never mind about this query. I found a program called pcwizard2006 in another forum here which I like much better, so am going with it - don't need additional help with LookInMyPC now. Thanks anyway.

8. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Good luck with PC Wizard. I had problems with it.(n)

Belarc Advisor is not as detailed as Everest Home Edition, but it's still very good.(y)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9. valis

valis Moderator

hmmm....just found out that you can go to accessories >system tools > system info, click on the tools tab, and click 'directx diagnostic tool', and it will pretty much give you the basics of your system. Got processor type and speed, ram amount, bios mfg and version, system mfg and model number. Does NOT have the mobo or vid card info, though.

Neat trick. Wish I'd known about it earlier. Story of my life.

v

10. John Burns

John Burns

Can you share the type of problems? Is it nor accurate, does it not run properly, etc.....? Thanks.

11. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

Hi Frank,

I regard Belarc Advisor more as a complement to Everest Home in terms of:
    1) it serves as a software inventory primarily (w/some minimal hardware info)
    2) it verifies and notifies you of Microsoft hotfix patches applied
    3) it now does a security assessment of your computer, and
    3) it records your software licenses that are installed

Everest Home on the other hand serves as a fully, rather complete hardware inventory in detail.

-- Tom

12. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

Hi John,

I run WinXP Pro SP2, and just downloaded PC Wizard 2006 - no problems running it.

However, I do have the comment that it seems very much like a clone of FreshDiagnose from FreshDevices.

I still prefer Everest Home for hardware inventory, and Belarc Advisor for software inventory with a very good security assessment for WinXP.

-- Tom

13. John Burns

John Burns

Thanks, Tom! Appreciate the input.

14. hewee

hewee

SIW - System Information for Windows

http://www3.sympatico.ca/gtopala/about_siw.html

It is just the one file you download and no install is needed so you can just click on it and run it.
    But when you do a scan I fould out it add a siw_init.xml file to " C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\GTOPALA\SIW " folder it makes.

It tells you a lots of info so check it out.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435314

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice