1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Everest shows 3 unknown devices but device manager doesnt?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by zorgan, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zorgan

zorgan Thread Starter

Everest shows 3 unknown devices but device manager doesnt?

my soundcard dissapeard today, i can still pick it up using "Unknown Devices"

and EVEREST

although when i try to run audigy 2 drivers, it`s telling me there are no supported devices in the system, anyone know how i can force the REAL device manager to see these devices?

it seems only everest and unknown devices is picking up my soundcard, it also says AUDIGY from CREATIVE.........it just is not appearing in device manager for some reason so i am unable to actually install it........

please help if anyone has any ideas thanks.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

It will appear in Device Manager after you install it.

3. zorgan

zorgan Thread Starter

I`ve tested "another" soundcard (one i had laying around as a spare) my system is not reporting that soundcard either........it seems any PCI devices are not being detected properly for some reason.......

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

5. zorgan

zorgan Thread Starter

I`m on a A8N-E Asus Board,

Using latest Drivers from Nvidia

I have removed the soundcard for now as all seems fine without it, i will need to buy a new one and fingers crossed that it was the actual soundcard, as it will be more expensive to replace the board.

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

Have you installed the drivers for the chipset (board) itself? That could be the problem since that driver's main function is to help with hardware identification.

7. zorgan

zorgan Thread Starter

as i mentioned on the post before you posted yours yes, Using latest Drivers from Nvidia and the a8n-e board, which has the Nforce 4 chipset.........so that would work :)

ps thanks for the reply anyway :) nice to see some people willing to help.

8. TOGG

TOGG

This may be a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway, are you using the free or commercial version of Everest?

9. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Before you buy a card,change the CMOS battery on the motherboard.
    I have seen PCI slots quit working before because of a bad battery.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/665680

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice